15 August 2010

A Day at the Fair

From humble pi beginnings.......




to a glorious finish.......



Hands down the toughest thing I've made ~ I struggled with the cast on, dropped stitches, missed loops on the nupps, split yarn and an entire dp needle fell out of my work (!) but I was able to fix every error (a feat in itself!). Painstaking knit but a huge learning experience in my lace journey ~ and obviously well worth all the work! We found out who the judges were after we entered our knits and I have to say, they know their knitting! One of the judges used to own the yarn shop that Kelli works at now and we actually took our first class from her 3 1/2 years ago. The other is part of Thursday knit group and teaches classes and is a great person to go to for help ~ she knows everything! I heard yesterday when I picked up my entries that they couldn't find one mistake in my Snow Queen ~ that's as big a pat on the back as the 1st place blue ribbon and 2 rosettes I received ~ one for Best of Class and the other for Best of Show.

What a blast! The bar has been raised ~ we're already trying to figure out what to make for next year.....it's quite an incentive to learn more and strive for perfection.

And I should mention that the pattern was amazing, as well as just about everything this designer invents ~ you can find her creations on Ravelry and they're also available on her blog @ badcatdesigns.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. You did a lovely job and deserve each and every ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for looking ~ I'm glad you took a peek! you deserve a slice of my humble pi ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Melissa! Beautiful job~

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, Rachel! it'll be nice when summer's over & you're back on Rav a bit more .... you've been missed ;)

    ReplyDelete