10 July 2013

Making Progress~guest blogger Andee


 
I am loving working on my Quill.  I am using a rose gray as the main color.  It is an identical match to my dog Harley. Or it was.... I had to put him down yesterday. It was very hard to loose my best friend of 11 and a half years.  But it was his time to go and I am so glad he didn't suffer for long. He went out gracefully.  I spent my last night with him knitting my Quill, drinking wine and we watched 5 episodes of the Long Island Medium.  In the morning he went to sleep and I am sure he is in doggy heaven.
 
I have really enjoyed how my Quill covers me perfect as a blanket as I knit it.  Last night my son asked if he could cuddle with me on my lap.  It is very rare that he cuddles up with me.  But he got on my lap I covered him with the Quill as I knit and we were extra comfy on couch together.  My Quill is going to be a warm and wonderful memory of my best friend that didn't leave my side for over 11 years.  I love the picture I have of him as a puppy on the beach. He was so mad when I took it. He didn't like having to stand away from me long enough for a picture. He was like my third leg.
 
Rest in peace Harley Dude I'll miss you.

10 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing, Andee ~ what a wonderful friend ~ you were both lucky to have each other

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is lovely and I'm truly sorry about your dog, it's hard to lose a faithful companion. Now every time you wear your quill you will have a wonderful memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project is lovely. So sorry for your loss, dogs certainly are our best friends through thick and thin. May you remember all the blessngs.

    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only we could keep them forever. I hope you're healing through this knit, it is a lovely tribute to Harley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the quill is theraputic. So sorry about the loss of your best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry that you lost your dog, but, as you said, he is in doggie heaven. Nice that you will have a project to comfort you with memories of him. Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad day, sorry your friend is gone. We can timeline our knitting with lifes joys and sorrows. Hugs~ Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all of your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry for your loss Andee

    ReplyDelete
  10. :( harley dude.....big funny dog. We miss him. You will remember him everytime you cuddle under your quill.

    ReplyDelete