04 February 2015

The Ashby Vest ~ guest blogger Andee

I have successfully turned the Ashby Shawl into a vest!


It even has pockets.




The yarn I used is The Fibre Company's Canopy Worsted. I used the colorway Orchid. The base is 50 % baby alpaca, 30% merino, 20% viscose bamboo.  This is the second time I have worked with this yarn and I really love it!  I am so pleased with how this vest came out. I do have enough yarn left to make sleeves, but I prefer it just the way it is.

Once again it has been great knitting along with all you wonder people. Now what to cast on next????

10 comments:

  1. you are beautiful and so is your ashby, well done! Love the stitch definition and the pockets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous!! What a fabulous idea! And, I agree with you about Canopy Worsted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing!!! Very impressed. It looks fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So inspiring! Now to get back to knitting my own Ashby...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a finish. Your photography is also magnificent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. My husband gets credit for taking the pictures I get the credit for creative cropping :)

      Delete
  6. you blow me away every. single. kal, Andee!! I know I've told you I think you definitely have the 'designing gene' but now I'm certain it's a really really DOMINANT gene ~ I'm blown away!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this KAL I love to get my creative juices flowing. I have a new collection in the works that I am VERY excited about!!!!

      Delete
  7. How do you do that? Great job. can't wait to see your new collection.

    ReplyDelete