01 August 2014

fun fun fun ~ posted by Melissa


Happy Birthday to us!  We are 5 (hooray!) here at Girls in Sheep Clothing and celebrating with this fun knitalong.  It was so exciting to see posts appear yesterday as we get started on our Streusels (my ravelry notes are here).  I cast on at midnight on the 31st since I was up waiting for Jas to get home from work (he set power and did standby for the Jay Z / Beyoncé concert at Safeco Field Wednesday night). 


I love knitting up these jumbly masses of stitches, knowing what awaits when we finally get to block our work and see the magic happen.  Who would think that messy looking lace edge could become what it does?  It makes me kind of giddy just thinking about it!


I'm also working on a test knit for dandiliongirl on Ravelry (notes here) ~ another poncho to add to my collection...this one with a lace panel...again, giddy :) ... lace ... mmmmm, lace!!!!


 So not much chatter from me today ~ the sun is shining (it's hot!!) ~ I'm going to sit in the shade and listen to some tunes and knit the day away.  I'm imagining you all gathered round, needles clickity clacking away, joining me in all the fun!  Thanks for celebrating with Kelli and I ~ I love that you all come back and knit with us when you're invited!

 
Looking forward to hearing from more of you and seeing some progress! And newcomers are still welcome ~ it's never to late to join in the fun :) ~ Happy Friday !
Melissa

11 comments:

  1. Brooklyn Tweed drooooolllll. We have rain in the forecast for the whole weekend!!!!! Yay lots of knitting time right?! I can dare to dream. I am still running a B&B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, BT ~ roll tongue up off the floor and put back in mouth :) ~

      hooray for rain and to the upcoming closure of Andee's B & B !!

      Delete
  2. Melissa, that is going to be so pretty! As you know, we have very similar taste and I think I may have to cast one on myself really soon.
    Rain here too, although I'm not that thrilled, we've had more than enough and now I have to also watch the tropics since they are heating up, fun times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see you knitting both the shawl and the poncho, Tracey :)

      no rain here ~ it's a gorgeous western Washington summer day ~ no place else I'd rather be in the summertime, that's for sure!

      Delete
  3. You done with the shawl yet? You must be at row 40 by now. LOVE the poncho. P3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. always the funny one ~ no I am NOT done ~ I've actually only done 6 more rows today

      been reknitting side 2 of the poncho since that has a deadline attached to it!

      Delete
  4. All's looking good! Test knitting and Anniversary blogging/KAL, what's a girl to do? That poncho seems like it's made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of the projects are soooo beautiful. I'm with you on the blocking, Melissa... It is magic! =) Happy Blog Birthday to all of you wonderful creative souls! I love the inspirations and just all over good feeling I get when visiting here! I'll be looking forward to seeing the progress and finished shawls in this KAL... and, that poncho!

    Melissa, thank you for your sweet words. {{big hugs}} and blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy blog anniversary and good to see you!! lovely yarn and I know you will have a fun knitting all together once again.

    ReplyDelete