26 August 2014

Knitting Box of Time Past~ a post by Kelli





Friendships should be cherished, I've got my past treasured pictures, cards ,well wishes and most knitting
memories in here.  Always trying to keep camera in tow. 
This great handmade box kinda holds my past knitting adventures and mishaps like my heart does.
Except with pictures and written notes, I usually remember better.


Melissa 'silent auctioned' this box (for charity), a few years back, at our knitting retreat.
I made sure nobody out bid me.


A favorite place to go when I need a smile.





                                   


I cherish our friendship...


Thanks  Mel ~ 




                                   
                                                                              
                                                           

9 comments:

  1. ah, thanks ~ just what I needed to bring a much needed missing smile to my face...
    I had forgotten you had this box, thought you just had the one I made just for you

    and that hair, you do know it took me HOURS to get it to do that wild lion's mane magic...haha!

    good memories ~ hopefully we'll get to make more one of these days...thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep I think we're behind in our discovering new adventures together. I really like how we both can look for hours in a yarn shop, going around looking and scanning our minds for 'what could this be?' would I wear it?, gift it? projects.

      Delete
  2. ps - what are you making?? you can't post knitting and not tell us what it is (it's a rule, you know!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just young knitters, unaware of Madeline Tosh, Hazel Knits, gauge or weights of yarns, we've come along way! and yes good memories.

      The project in the photo is Peppernut by Bonnie Sennott. The yarn is local color fiber studio, dyed with Coreopsis Flowers. From Bainbridge Is. Got it in Port Townsend, at Bazzar Girls, a great yarn shop that just recently moved on the waterfront, with great yarns. I don't know if they have photos online?

      Love my box :)

      Delete
  3. Very sweet, Kelli! You and Melissa are both dear to my heart and the cause of all this knitting mayhem over here on GSC! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'knitting mayhem'... I like that ~ so glad you're apart of it! maw ha ha ha

      Delete
  4. No doubt Melissa has similar stories about you, Kelli. Friendship always goes two ways and I love that you shared this. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet to see the love you have for each other, you are both so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete