25 May 2013

Tangled~ posted by guest blogger Andee

I was hesitant to join the May Day KAL. I knew May would be a busy month for me.  I started the month off with a trip to the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival.  It was fate that I ran in to Will & Jeff and saw their Shetland Triangles and I knew I had to make one too. 
But I've been busy as excepted for the month and knitting has been slow.


There have been two new babies born at the farm.

Then we had shearing day. I am so sore from shearing day. I have sore muscles I didn't even know I had.  But it is totally worth the hard work.  The alpacas are so much happier to have their heavy winter coats off. This is my alpaca Blue and his awesome gray fleece. I think I have to make a cardigan out of his fleece.


A before and after shot of another alpaca named Bing.


Plus add in a few birthday parties and BBQs and here is where I stand on my Shetland Triangle.


I have about 16 or 17 repeats done, I'm not really keeping track of the repeats. I got about 3 rows in on the edging and my center pull yarn decided to get tangled.  I spent 3 hours last night trying to untangle it.  Stupid I tell you.  I was tempted to cut it so many times. But well I guess I'm stubborn.  I am almost done working it out.  The party we were supposed to go to today got canceled because of the weather. So fingers crossed I will get the tangle undone and finish this up and on the blocking wires today!  Wish me luck.  No more distractions. 

~Andee



6 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing all the farm photos, Andee (I checked out your blog and also Leanne's yesterday and saw more!) ~ the new babes are so adorable and everyone looked more than ready for haircuts!

    your shawl is wonderful ~ good luck on the tangle :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I forgot to mention that Blue's fleece gave me goosebumps yesterday when I saw it for the first time ~ OH MY!!!! you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl is beautiful, love it. Pictures are wonderful , they all looks so cute.
    Good luck on the tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're so close to the finish. Not a bad run, despite the hitches; here's to a clean finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finished! I blocked it and it is drying :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. O, aren't the alpacas sweet. The yarn must be a dream to knit with. Your shawl looks great. I love the length!

    ReplyDelete