01 May 2013

Woot Woot! ~ post by guestblogger WillyG

My May Day KAL yarn is done, and the shawl is begun!





The yarn looks pretty now, but Jeff had to do some damage control while I was fighting with the plies; I found myself shouting at the yarn, "You're not friggin' mohair, so stop acting like it!" Did I ever mention how wonderful Jeff is? It was worth sticking with the sticky yarn, though, and the plied yarn behaved beautifully on the ball winder.  Woot!

On my Leaves Of Grass, I'm actually into Chart D!!!!  Another woot!


Happy May, and enjoy your Shetland Triangle! I know I will.  

5 comments:

  1. don't think I've ever read a post from you that hasn't made me gut-laugh ~ shouting at that beautiful yarn, tsk tsk :)

    both knits looks fantastic!!!!!!!!! totally digging your handspun ~ oh, to have your skills, Will

    have fun at MD Sheep & Wool ~ I don't think you're the only kal'ers that will be there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, others are going? Well, I should be easy enough to find, with a purple and grey fish on my head...

      I expect to see your spinning efforts on here soon! ;-)

      Delete
    2. don't hold your breathe ~ the thought's there but actually getting started is too daunting a task on my own :)

      Delete
  2. Your Leaves of grass is looking great ! Keep going you will be sooo happy when it's done, worth all the hours spent knitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the dangling of the carrot, and congrats on finishing your LOG!

      Delete