01 January 2015

Hanging with my Gnomies ~ By guest blogger Kelly Lightbeam

Another year, another knit-a-long.  I'm looking forward to knitting with this lovely group of people, The Girls in Sheep Clothing (And a few Boys, too) Crew!  It's exciting to see everyone popping in and showing off their yarn and deciding on their pattern.  I think we've got a little bit of everything!


I'm planning to knit Ashby in Rowan Felted Tweed DK.  I had debated knitting it in a worsted weight, but I keep coming back to this particular yarn in the Ginger colorway, which was a gift from Melissa, our own TwoKnitWit.  I've been gushing about this color for awhile, and I think it will be perfect to break up the winter doldrums.  I am wondering if an extra repeat of the river pattern may be necessary with a lighter weight yarn, but that will have to wait until I actually get into the project ;)

Happy New Year, everyone!  I'm about to cast on ~
Kelly Lightbeam

16 comments:

  1. snort ~ hanging with your gnomies :)
    you slay me!

    I love that you're using the Felted Tweed for this, and that it's orange, and that there's snow in your photo...and a gnome!

    just happy to have you back knitting with us, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kelly Lightbeam. I'm really going to be curious about your Ashby. I used that same colorway in the Rowan Kirkwall shawl a couple of years back.
    http://www.ravelry.com/projects/aksaxton/kirkwall-wrap
    I love the color and I loved the Felted Tweed. Welcome aboard and Happy Knitting and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That Kirkwall wrap is STUNNING! Thanks for sharing ;)

      Delete
    2. I had to go peek as well ~ I saw that wrap in person when she started knitting it but never saw it finished

      totally agree with you, Kelly! WOW!!

      Delete
  3. Love the yarn. It'll make a beautiful Ashby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful color! I think that will look smashing all knit up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly ~ I keep coming back to drool over the felted tweed...Churchmouse Yarn and Tea has it as their 'special yarn' for a while and it's 20% off...

    I may have to pick up a sweater's worth in a color I haven't tried yet (Kelli, if you're reading this...roadtrip before the sale is over??)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, Kelly, I LOVE your yarn. This will be amazing. Have fun. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Churchmouse road trip I'm there. Yep love the Felted Rowan Tweeds and on sale! When should we go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked and Featured Faves go thru the end of February...maybe we could go at the end of this month or mid-Feb?

      Delete
  8. In the mail today I got the CM Winter 2015 Newsletter, I save it to look through as a treat. I thought it was kinda interesting they have a nautical blessing on the front. My HS classmate Carrie Trapp is hosting charity knitting group, would love to be apart of that but not going to happen. And then! The free pattern is Following Seas my theme is still tugging at me. A beautiful cabled scarf.
    Anyway my point is yes, pick a day and we'll go.

    ReplyDelete