12 January 2015

Stonecrop Shawl ~ Guest Blogger Karen


I've knit the main chart three times through and finally I'm used to the pattern.  There are only a few places where I check and recheck the chart and my knitting but most of the time I'm happily knitting away enjoying the progress.  The cashmere is wonderful to knit with and I find the garter stitch lace delightful......as in.....no purling.  I'm not against purling and do like to purl but the not purling adds a bit of decadence to the knitting :)

Ravelry notes here.

8 comments:

  1. Karen this is looking beautiful, have you found a dress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, I haven't started to look as of yet, maybe once the spring line is out.

      Delete
  2. wow!!!! Karen, I hope you do find a dress to go with this...I can imagine how striking you and your daughter will look in photos ~ she in white and you in this brilliant blue

    I can't wait to cast this one on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pattern looks tempting. Love you color choice. It's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen,
    That is a striking blue color and the pattern really shows it off, and vice versa. Good work!!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be one lovely shawl!

    ReplyDelete