- I've always loved the words 'arugula' and 'syncopation'
- I can't stand to hear people talk in 'textese' ~ do you know that 'OMG' takes just as much time to say as the actual words?
- I've always wondered when I would 'lose touch' with the younger generation (or maybe it's that you just stop caring?). What is the fascination with foul-mouthed, ill-behaving, drama-king/queen based reality tv ~ I miss my witty, laugh inducing, feel good tv programs from back in the day like M*A*S*H, Cheers, and Seinfeld. The majority of television programming today is pure crap.
- Contrary to popular belief, Twinkies don't have a shelf life of forever. When I was young, I watched a friend eat most of one before realizing it was moldy and promptly tossing her cookies.
- I do knit better than Kelli. Nicky Epstein said so.
- Ray Charles and I had a moment. Well, sort of. My husband took me to see him years ago and when we left the show it was raining hard enough that I waited under an eave in back of Parker's in North Seattle while he went and got the car. Little did I know I was standing right beside the door Mr. Charles was being led through after the concert. This is terrible but my impulse was to reach out and touch him since he couldn't see me, only when I put my hand on his arm, he reached over with his other hand and patted the back of my hand like he knew all along I was going to do it, smiled, and went on his merry way. I about keeled over. It was a great concert.
- Despite our ongoing 10 month rainy season, the farmer's markets around here are abundant with gorgeous fresh produce. Get out there and check it out ~ you'll fill your pantry and lift your soggy spirits all at once.
|Make you hungry?|