15 March 2012

Who's that girl?

Just me! I think it's been a month since I last posted. Time flies. Not much to report. The edging on my Bridgewater is 1/2 done but I had to set it aside while I deal with winter skin ~ rough fingertips and laceweight yarn are not friendly. Snagging every stitch was too much to bear after awhile so I've set it aside til the alligator scales are gone.

I have been knitting, but with nothing to show.  All top-secret stuff ~ 2,250 yards of completed projects since mid-January (that's all I'll say!) that are Christmas gifts to be put away so that when the holidays roll around this year, I can knit for me and maybe finish a winter project and still be able to wear it the same year.  Ask me how this master plan worked out come December.  I'm hoping for a stress-free holiday season for a change!

I am about to cast on a new project (that's it in the photo...look familiar?) ~ I needed something simple to take along with me this weekend when I get to attend the 2012 Kellogg's Pacific Rim Gymnastics Championships.  I pooled the Christmas money that I was given for yarn this past year.....and spent it on something else (!gasp!).  I got an all-sessions 3-day package.  So this Friday, Saturday and Sunday if you need to find me, I'll be front row center, watching some world-class gymnasts getting ready for this summer's London Olympics.  Just me, myself and I, a lovely in it's simplicity Churchmouse pattern and one of my all-time favorite yarns, Rowan Felted Tweed ~ it's a me weekend!  Hope everyone else has as much fun as I know I'm going to have!  ~ Melissa

And if anyone is concerned because I spent yarn money on, well, not yarn ~ no need to worry.  I'm okay ~ there's still tons of stash to work with and I did get a Weaving Works gift certificate from my parents so it's not like I'm going without ;)

4 comments:

  1. Glad to "see" you! Super secret knitting is the very best knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an entertaining weekend,with knitting involved,perfect.

    Bummer about your fingers.

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like heaven! What I wouldn't give for a weekend to myself...I am also about halfway through the bridgewater border, although I have none of the multi-thougsand-yards-of-secret-knitting to excuse my lack of progress!

    ReplyDelete