17 July 2013

When procrastination strikes....guest blogger Steph


So I started out with the best of intentions on this KAL, but my little  by little I have become consumed by  my little side project, the "Pop Spots  Shawl" I started thinking I know I can handle 2 projects on the needles.. But somewhere along the way I learned I am a monogamous knitter... Once I start something I have a hard time putting it down.  I know once I get this sucker off the needles it will be full throttle  "Quill". In the meantime I am trying really hard to do both... The old add adage "it is like walking and chewing gum at the same time" seems to ring true...




So I am so glad there is no time limit on this project, and this is the perfect portable knitting project. I see rows and rows of garter stitch in my future at the upcoming Stitch and Pitch event next week.

8 comments:

  1. no worries, Steph ~ I'm barely much farther along than you are :)

    plus there are a couple people that I know haven't even cast on yet!

    pop spots is cool!! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Pop Spots, it is so pretty. Are you finding it an esay knit?
    I have the pattern and the yarn, just haven't cast on yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!. I am finding it really easy to knit.. but it has been time intensive, since the pattern is easy to memorize it is a good one. The pattern is well written too.

      Delete
  3. I am managing several projects at once too. I find my Quill is so easy to take with me everywhere. It is so simple to pick it up and work on it. But to keep things interesting I'm working on a few other things. I am loving this KAL and hopefully we will all keep each other motivated to finish.... some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOO Pop Spots is purrrrteee. I am easily distracted by side projects too. I think Knitting ADD is a true handicap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until this sucker is done.. I feel like Doug from the movie "UP" "Squirrel!'

      Delete
  5. I'm fascinated by the Pop Spots. Looks like a relaxing pattern and cozy. Please post finished shawl. I love this blog. So fun to see what people are making whether I participate or not.

    ReplyDelete