02 January 2017

busy bees - posted by Melissa


Flood's Flock 2017

Don't we look gooooood!?!

I screen grabbed everyone's latest progress photo from Instagram.  I'm going to try and do this periodically, especially if you guys are going to be so good about posting pictures!  I love to see where everyone is at and hear how excited you all are to be knitting together.  Andrea is bottom center - I don't see that she has an IG account so I'll always add her from her blog posts.  The only person missing is Morgen... she has yet to post anywhere (I even checked Ravelry) so I used a placeholder center square until she pops up somewhere to say hello!

update: Morgen surfaced and has taken her place at center square!!

Okay, I have 100 picots done and 267 left, so now that a little business is done, I'm off to knit my last day of vacation away until I'm hopefully done casting on!

Happy New Year everyone and thanks so much to each of you for making it something to look forward to.  You guys are the best!

Melissa

p.s. blog posts are always welcome from anyone that wants to write as well as post pictures - IG is great, but the blog is an easier format for words, if you're someone who likes to use them ; )

17 comments:

  1. Lol! I'm here Melissa! I had a blog post prewritten and was waiting morning light for photos...which I took yesterday. Frustrated because uploading the pics spun them on their side. Sigh.
    I am knitting Anisos in Rowan Felted Tweed DK in the color Duck Egg and am doing size 3 of the shawl. 300 stitches cast on and another 200 some to go. I'll post pics as soon as I can!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I actually made an Instagram post, and the pics transferred ok there. I am woolenmittens on Instagram. Not sure why I'm having trouble uploading to Rav. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I think I have followed everyone now. Look forward to watching these shawls come to life

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome group! My Mike just walked in the door with my new needles so I can get busy creating some picots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope to post in a few days! I'm waiting for a completely empty house and no hostessing duties :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got about the last 50 yet to cast on. I don't have much room left on the 32" needles. Knit on, friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all barely fit. Can't wait to see it start coming off the needles!

      Delete
  7. I'm going to follow you all! I came from Pumpkin Sunrise Karen's blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Stitch markers are a knitter's best friend."
    ::Repeats mantra over and over to self."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ruh roh .... this sounds like trouble ;)
      You can do it, Morgen!

      Delete
  9. This cast on is very slow going for me but I hope to be finished by the week no. I have d cited that slow is the way to go for this cast on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me as well - slow and enjoyable. I'm not quite finished. Work and life get in the way but maybe tomorrow....

      We'll get there, Juliann ;)

      Delete
    2. Yes - first week back to work is almost done - then the weekend can be devoted to knitting!

      Delete
    3. I get this! I'm looking forward to things settling back down a bit and getting back into some kind of routine.

      Delete
  10. Yay thanks again for hosting this ever so fun New Years KAL!

    ReplyDelete