14 February 2012

MY HAIR?!!



Wanting to feel special on this loving day, I wore my Bridgewater shawl, knitting around 80 hours of stitches and toil, I knew I'd enjoy wearing my purple beauty. My good friend Sherry and I have a favorite boutique in Lynden, Washington called Gradiflora. Entering the shop and oohing and ahhing over the many treasures, the owner of the shop walked by, she smiled as if to notice my hardest knit yet, I was thinkig of how to respond to her compliment on the lacey wonder...yes she smiled and said " Oh I really like your....hair" my hair?!! What did she just say? I ask myself. MY HAIR? that took me around 10 minutes to do. I smiled and thanked her, while dieing inside, cause I thought for sure she'd notice my hardest work ever, oh well, it was a nice thing to say, don't get me wrong.

My friend Sherry didn't notice what had just happened in my mind, but had heard the comment. We shopped about an hour before getting in the car, as I opened the car door I screamed to Sherry,"my hair?"~that's what she noticed? as we drove away laughing, and adding a new fun memory. So when you see a beautiful lace knit remember to tell the knitter what nice hair they have!

Happry Valetine's Day

Kelli

7 comments:

  1. makes me recall a certain story about your camera.....

    'nice camera'!?!?!?!

    you were looking at my camera???

    yeah.....right :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hate to say it, but you do have beautiful hair. I would've commented on the shawl, but that's just me!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh thanks Kelly, how's your shawl coming?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL that should be added to that 'S**t knitters say'' video :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on the last row of the horseshoe border. I'll post tomorrow!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do have hot hair I don't think I have heard the camera story???

    ReplyDelete