02 February 2015

KALvin Floodlow says Hello! ~ By guest blogger Kelly Lightbeam

Hello, my friends!  Long time, no post, huh?  I needed a little break from the cables in Ashby, but I've passed the halfway mark, and I'm still in it to win it!  (Meaning that I'll finish this baby, for sure)

I've taken a short hiatus on my Ashby to finish up a different project, in order to meet my goal of three finished knitted items per month.  I know this sort of breakneck knitting will not last throughout the year, but I did make my January deadline, with the Gaptastic Cowl, a lengthwise knitted scarf, and an asymmetric shawl called Line Break.

I've also got another little project in the works ~ On Friday, Chloe came home without her hand-knitted scarf.  It turns out that one of her friends had stolen it. 


The girl's Mom gets major kudos, for bringing her over to return the scarf, and apologize for taking it.  Now, as a knitter, I'm hugely flattered that this kid liked the scarf enough to take it.  I wanted to knit her a scarf, to encourage her that there's power in the truth, and that it's always best to be honest.

I hope everyone is having fun knitting their Flood's Flock project!
Kelly Lightbeam

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me either! (It will be a happy day when I get to knit the body of this beast!)

      Delete
  2. ahhhh you're so good (almost any excuse to knit more)...the little girl has great taste, what can you say~ good to hear from you. I heard you might be traveling this way come October. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Would be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you have no idea how many projects I've got lined up! If only I could swap the amount of time that I knit with the amount of time I have to work!!! I'm totally coming to the retreat. I've just got to work out a few details! I'm super excited!!!

      Delete
  3. You are one classy lady. I LOVE that you are going to knit the child a scarf. Good for you. It will be a lesson she will never forget.

    Is KALvin Floodlow wearing a "Flood" design? If not, it might be appropriate that he be endowed with his name-sake's modified creation. Just a wee thought. You need one more WIP on your list anyway, right? Is there a Flood hat? That would be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind of you! I have knitted several of Jared Flood's designs, I'll have to throw Sempervivum, Terra, or LOG on KALvin to finish out the Knit-a-long! (I've given away Juneberry and an extra Terra)

      Delete
  4. Horrified to admit I've not knitted a "Flood" yet. K, that's my New Year's Resolution -- knit a Flood design. There must be something he's done that's dumbed down for the simple-minded like me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra is an excellent choice for a beginner Flood. Send me your email addy through Rav and I'll send you the excel 'cheater' file to keep track of your rows! (Also, have knit Bridgewater, forgot that one!)

      Delete
    2. And Hemlock! Gah, I've knit more 'Floods' than I realized! That one actually looks quite impressive, but I didn't find it difficult at all. The center was really fun to knit and it went FAST! Then, there's quite a bit of feather and fan lace, but I think I knit it in a week or so.

      Delete