23 May 2011

~LYS TOUR 2011~


Melissa, Sherry and I had a great time touring a few of our favorite yarn shops. We started out bright and early to Weaving Works, to soon figure out they were not participating in the "tour" and were not open as bright and early as us...a little confused we headed onwards and upwards to Fiber Gallery and remembered Bad Girl Yarns was on the way. We stopped and bought yarn with ease. Can't forget mentioning Fusion Beads, if you haven't been, you should go.

Our final stop was Serial Knitter in Kirkland, Melissa noticed the pattern books that her and my sweaters we test knitted are in. Here we are holding them, it was another exciting knitting memory. (It's the sweaters on the left pages)

We saw new yarns, lots of color, and oh the ever lovely Madelinetosh~

2 comments:

  1. I thought I recognized that setting! I have more fun at Serial Knitter's poring through their consignment books. That was a stroke of genius for Debi (the owner) to have the consignment book section. I have found very cool out-of-print things there! I only did a small portion of the LYS tour this year, but I went with a friend on Friday. She has a Miata convertible and we hit all the stores up north and worked our way down from Birch Bay. Lunch at the Skagit Brewery in Mt. Vernon was fabulous, we both got sunburned and I know after a day of fun and fresh air I slept like a ROCK! Glad you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear whenever we get our picture taken together, I am always out of focus and weirdly out of place beside you

    I languish in your beauty ;)
    Mel

    (and Morgen ~ glad you got a relaxing, top down, hair blowing in the wind kind of day ~ sounds like you needed it!!!)

    ReplyDelete