04 December 2011

Loose Ends

With the New Year around the corner and an ever-growing list of knitting goals for 2012 (including this year's KAL...stay tuned...I'll share more later this week if you're interested!), I've been hard at work finishing WIP's.

I'll start off with this little 1/2 skein of sweetness that I whipped out for Zoe to wear tomorrow on our girls day to Churchmouse Yarns and Teas.
This cute (free!) doll sweater pattern can be found on Petite Purls website and if you want to see any info on the sweater I made, here's the link.  I'm going to love building Zoe's wardrobe ~ it's a great way to use up those random single skeins that we all have buried in the bottom of our stash!

This weekend I also finished this project:
Juliet Scarf by Louisa Harding (pattern can be found free on Ravelry and it's also in her wonderful book, Knitting Little Luxuries).  I've made 2 of these now and I love this pattern and the yarn is perfect.  If you're tempted to try lace and want an easy project to practice on, this is the one.  It's simple, it has written instructions as well as charts, and the result is so worth the effort!  Give it a try!

I also finally finished this:
 

















It's the Triinu Scarf from Nancy Bush's Knitted Lace of Estonia.  It's another surprisingly simple lace pattern with amazing results (and that Madeline Tosh 'Byzantine' colorway merino light yarn is hands down the best red I've ever seen!!).  I love this lace pattern ~ I love everything about this knit.  I started this in July and put it down for far too long ~ I should have finished this a LONG time ago!

(One of my friends on Ravelry, as I was posting this project, went online and ordered the exact same yarn and colorway and she's going to make this scarf for herself ~ how's that for enabling!!!)

That's it for now.  I'll share our trip to Churchmouse after we go ~ there are 6 of us making the trek (plus Zoe and Jo) so it's certain to be loads of fun!  I'll also get some info up soon about our upcoming KAL that will start on January 1st so that there will be time to get patterns and yarns and people added to the blog that want to join us this year.  I'm looking forward to knitting with our ever growing little circle of friends across the states.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend ~  Melissa

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shawl!!!! You always do such lovely lace work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! I knew the little peeks we were getting on Ravely were great and now we can see the whole thing! LOVE that shawl/stole.

    The little lace cardi is so cute and the small lace scarf is beautiful, too. Lots of beautiful work, Melissa.

    blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, Tanna
    lace makes me happy ;)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~ great now I read it~ wa wa wa

    what a looser I can be.

    Well we'll just have to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the byzantine lace scarf! I'm just finishing up a project in that colorway in a heavier weight and the color is stunning. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking for more of this colorway but so far the closest I can find is 'Tart'

    which is also a really gorgeous red but with less black undertones

    Mel

    ReplyDelete