31 December 2011

Tick Tock

I see Kelli popped on earlier and posted her yarn choice (I've seen it...it's amazing!).  Is everyone as excited as I am to get started on Bridgewater?  I had a brainstorm this morning that I think will take my knit from gorgeous to spectacular!  Instead of my original choice of Madelinetosh Lace in Winter Wheat, I've decided to use Madelinetosh Prairie and do the center garter stitch section in Cove and all the lace borders in French Grey.  I'm afraid that my original choice is too close to the Jared Flood knit I did last year (Rock Island) and with this being twice as big, I decided I didn't want to work with such a similar colorway.  What do you think of the new yarns?
I can't wait to cast on tomorrow!  It feels like Christmas Eve as a kid!  Can't wait to see what yarns Kelly, Morgen and Jeff have chosen and to get this show on the road (don't forget to check for errata ~ there is some if you have the book and not the downloadable version).  What a great way to start 2012!  And if you haven't joined us yet and would still like to, just leave a comment and we'll get you added so you can kal with us.  Be safe tonight everyone and don't stay up too late ~ we've got some knitting to do!  Tick tock, tick tock....    ~ Melissa

6 comments:

  1. I love it and can't wait to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors look fabulous together! I downloaded the pattern today and I can hardly wait to cast on! I've been looking forward to this project for weeks!!!

    Kelly Lightbeam

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't keep us in suspense too long, Kelly! anxious to see your yarn!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you all a very happy new year. ;-)

    As for the yarn- drop dead gorgeous!
    (Btw, I love your rock island, I made mine in charcoal grey but I just might cast on a new one in yellow! :) )

    Good luck with your shawls, girls!

    I was supposed to CO the new Shui Kuen Kozinski's (mystery) pattern on Sunday (another KAL) but, believe it or not, the yarn I ordered from Canada is late (it's been almost a month since it was shipped) .Holiday mail! What a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks, Maja...I'll have to check out your Rock Island
    hope you get your yarn soon for the mystery kal but if you don't, it's never too late to join us ;)

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete