31 December 2014

Snowing in Seattle (well not quite...) ~ guest blogger Steph

Excitement for this KAL seems to keep building. When I was first faced with the possibility of reknitting something that I cast on for earlier this year I was a little hesitant. Okay to be honest a lot hesitant.  I originally cast on for Ashby in late February for some vacation knitting. The project had been in my queue forever and I was really excited to use Faded Quilt in Shelter. Fastforward to a popped cast on and the vacuum cleaner finding some yarn on my carpet and I was less than excited.


I think I have recovered from stress of trying to make a a failed project work. It is a new year and I am going to cast on in Snowbound.  I am excited to participate in a this KAL. It didn't snow in Seattle this December, so I figure that it is only appropriate that I cast on in a snowy colorway for this KAL.

edited by Melissa to do a little housekeeping : if you're new to the blog and don't know about our knitalong here's a link ~ jump in if you'd like ~ there's still time!

7 comments:

  1. It didn't snow here either. I love your yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your yarn choice as well, Steph (isn't that a shocker!)

    Thanks for sharing ~ get that yarn wound :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you buy that at Churchmouse in November? You had quite the filled bags of loot! I noticed ~ or was it all Plucky? They did have a ton of it that day. Can't wait to see your Ashby. (and whatever your test-knitting??? Let me know when that can be revealed,please.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. It is actually some deep stash I bought last year:) I managed to get only 1 sweater quantity's worth of yarn that day at Churchmouse ( this is a good day for me). I tend to overdue it in the yarn department ( I had 3 sweater quantities of Plucky cashmere on order, so I couldn't go too crazy).

      I think I can post test knit pictures, because some others have, even though the pattern is not released. Stay tuned:)

      Delete
  4. Lovely! I'm knitting Ashby too, and you've got me wondering if I should switch my yarn choice from Rowan Felted Tweed DK to Shelter...Or something else in a worsted weight. Unfortunately, all my worsted weight yarns are in sweater quantity ~ actually, that's not unfortunate at all! I think there will be sweaters in 2015 ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you will be fine. I can't wait to see all of the sweaters:)

      Delete
  5. I know another knitter whose Ashby cast-on also snapped. We went through a number of possible fixes but I think she ended up ripping it out. :(

    ReplyDelete