24 February 2013

A Workshop Day! Yeah! ~post by Kelli

An all day play date for Melissa and I, we spent learning and creating~ How fortunate we are to have Sivia Harding teach us, a thank you to Sarah Parker the shop owner of WildFibers, in Mount Vernon Washington. The day 10:00-5:00 flew by as our minds were searching and configurating lace options for our own designs. I wish I could do these workshops more often. I get to stay focused and push myself. We learned new ways about creating as we go. Sivia is so encouraging and positive, she expressed with joy over every womens design the uniquness each one brought. So stay tuned to see what new patterns could arise~

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You two must be bursting with creativity after a workshop like that!!! I wish I could have been there with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wish you'd been there too, we had 8 other women share the class.

      Delete
  2. I love the color of your yarn. The workshop sounded amazing. I'm so jealous I wish I could have an all day play date like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~ I hadn't been for a play date in a long time. So good to be with my kinda "peeps".

      Delete
  3. how fun to have a lesson with Sivia and to be with Melissa!! The best of both worlds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was with two women who can dance lace around me~

      Delete
    2. awwwww :) ~ I don't hold a candle to Sivia ~ maybe someday!

      Delete
  4. I didn't knit a stitch today except for in my head ~ I've rearranged my swatch in my mind so many times and it's so much better than yesterday but still not 'quite right'

    I'm a little pokey ~ but it will be just right when I finally get it figured out!

    it was a fun day ~ Sivia is so inspirational and complimentary and excited to see everyone's ideas emerge that you feel like you can do anything by the end of the day...even if you have nothing to show (like me!)

    and thanks soooo much for my Mardrona souvenier :))

    ReplyDelete