05 February 2013

I'm Done!!! ~ posted by guest blogger Andee




I'm done!!! I finished my Leaves up last night. I just loved how the Beaverslide yarn blocked.  It got so soft after a good soak and I am thrilled with it.

I was hoping to do a better photo shoot of it, but both of my boys have colds so we'll be sticking close to home today.  As I take more pictures of it I'll post them on my blog and Ravelry.

I really enjoyed this KAL so much. It was the first time I ever did a KAL. For all of you who haven't started yet or think your Leaves is never going to get done.. I encourage you to keep going! It is hard to see what a treasure this pattern is while it is on the needles, but as soon as it comes off Presto! It is so impressive.

This project got me through... my 4 year old nieces brain surgery, 2 and half seasons of Downton Abbey, my dog's surgery, playoff football, the Super Bowl, waiting for the bus, countless episodes of Dr. Pole, and maybe a few other movies :)  

Happy Knitting and I hope there is another KAL in the future!

~Andee

12 comments:

  1. I wish I could see it up close, I'll bet with that mohair it's got a halo haze glow to it. It's a beautiful blanket. Where will it be put? It was good getting to know you,thanks for KALing with us.

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get some better pictures of it. But I am not sure when that is going to happen. I am loving it though.

      Delete
  2. It is gorgeous!!! Love the outdoor photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful !!! Great photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! So inspiring! I've been knitting on my leaves (slowly and quietly) for the last week or so, now that my hiatus is over, but I've still got weeks of knitting left ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very beautiful. I love that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, it's beautiful.

    I'm just waiting for the yarn I ordered to arrive and then I shall be casting on my own Leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's amazing, Andee and I covet your snow ;)

    and there' always another kal just on the horizon on our blog so if you ever want to join us again, we'd love your company!! anytime :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. oops, meant to ask...your Rav page said you only used 800+ yds...is that right? if so, I'm amazed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to figure that out. I bought 5 skeins. I have one and a half left. I was going to check my recite to make sure I didn't get 6.

      Delete
  9. Knitting therapy indeed. This beautiful knit got you through many things.
    Bonus it is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. everytime i tried to comment blogger refused it! your leaves is stunning, i love it. love the color you chose so much. i wish i could come and help you out with photos, you, your shawl, the snow, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete