14 January 2012

a downslope in an uphill battle...


The uphill battle is that I'm still laboring away on the garter square of my Bridgewater, but I am officially done with increases and onto the decreasing.  For some illogical reason, I feel like this second half is going to take less than the 2 weeks it took to do the first half since I'm sure I'll somehow gain momentum with the rows getting shorter and shorter and shorter.  I know, it makes no sense, but it's a good mind frame, right?  In the meantime, here's a picture of my work in progress, which I'm sure would make a good base for a gorgeous Bridgewater Triangular Shawl.....hmmmmmm.    ~ Melissa

6 comments:

  1. Oh, the color! It's going to be gorgeous Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I can comment! thank you.

    There is something about making it to the halfway mark AND the shortening of the rows... but then there is the edging!!

    It looks beautiful just like it is. I am sure you are going to love this one when it is done!! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are welcome, Tanna!
    thank you for letting me know about this comment window ~ so much better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. show off. "i'm to the decreases... na na nana na na."

    i finally reached 150 on the needles tonight! and i was so happy. then i saw your post and felt completely inadequate. heh.

    i have also started 7 other projects since the beginning of the year, so it doesn't have my full attention.

    go, mel, go! woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. neener neener neener :P

    just kidding ~ I see that you've been doing Bridgewater avoidance with all your new projects

    sadly it took me this long to get 1/2way and it's the ONLY thing that I'm knitting

    wish I could say I've been as productive as you, Mr Jeffry!

    ReplyDelete