12 January 2015

Ashby reboot - guest blogger Juliann


I decided to switch yarn for my Ashby.  I love the charcoal but it was too dark.  My eyes were getting very tired from straining to see the pattern no matter how many lights I turned on.
I switched to another Berocco, Ultra Alpaca, in a washed denim color and the knitting is going much faster.  I am on my second B chart (out of 5) but best of all, with this lighter color, I can actually knit while we watch TV in the evening.   I am using a cable needle for the two stitch cables and I am feeling very confident now.  Love learning something new!

7 comments:

  1. Relaxed eyes= ahhhhh, happier knitting

    Love knitting with Ultra Alpaca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful swap, Juliann ~ the cabling pops and I love the Ultra Alpaca as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is looking great! I am spinning my yarn for my Ashby hopefully I'll have it on the needles soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made a decision that you're happy with. Knitting should be enjoyable, not a "strain". More puns. Keep up the great work.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it! The color looks really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can agree with you on dark knitting! Lovely your new color and the texture is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new color, can't wait to see your project finished!

    ReplyDelete