17 January 2013

Alpacas in the Leaves (of Grass) Update... posted by Guest Blogger Jeff

I'm officially marking my Ravely project page as 50% complete. At least I've used up 50% of my yarn, so it better be 50% complete!

I made it almost through round 25 of Chart D with the first skein of 660 yards.

I am really loving this pattern - and the yarn I'm using. The alpaca is so soft to knit with and is knitting into a lovely soft fabric as I'm knitting at a less airy gauge to be more of a throw than a shawl.

This weekend Will and I are going away on a knitting retreat with one of our knit groups. We'll be heading down to Rehoboth Beach, DE tomorrow morning and spending the long weekend knitting, and drinking, and eating, and just enjoying being away from home with a group of 16 crazy knitters. :) We'll see how much I get done.

Have a great weekend everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous work, looks so soft and cozy. Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Looking forward to it. And despite living only 45 minutes from Delaware, this will be our first time to Rehoboth and the DE shore. :)

      Delete
    2. my fondest memory (only memory?) of Delaware if going giant bullfrog hunting with my parents friends kids

      we never caught any but they were sure fun to chase through the creeks :)

      Delete
  2. geesh ~ everyone is so far along! I'm glad to see a close up pic of chart D in progress ~ I'm just getting there and was curious to know what it looked like

    it's lovely!! hope you and Will have a great weekend ~ have you seen 'Wayne's World'?

    'hey....we're in...Delaware...?' ~ only funny if you've seen it ;)
    been there as a kid, too, although I'm not sure I've been to that area (it rings a bell 40ish years later!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsa, looking good!!! Have a great retreat, it's funny how getting away from your day-to-day is so relaxing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of your get away. Sounds like a blast. The only knitting get away I do is the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. I should really add a few more. Your shawl / throw looks amazing. I knit mostly with alpaca and I'm missing it right now, but I have big plans on spinning my own alpaca yarn for my next Leaves of Grass (I'm getting ahead of myself I'm only on chart "C"). Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful, i love the alpaca. enjoy your knit retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh that alpaca is lovely! Your Leaves is beautiful. Hope you and Will have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete