06 January 2013

Here we go a KAL-oling... posted by Guest Blogger Jeff

I was reminded the other day that I had yet to make my presence known to the Leaves of Grass KAL group. Oops.

So, I'm in... and I'm using a 100% alpaca sport weight called Heather Prime Alpaca for something a little weightier than the lace I'm using on the Neibling-a-long. :)

So, without further ado, here are a few KAL & NAL photo updates:

Leaves of Grass KAL ~ Ravely Project Page: Alpacas in the Leaves (of Grass)

Cast on at Midnight New Year's Day with some bubbly
 
Though this photo doesn't show it all, I am currently in my 4th repeat of  Chart C
 
 
Niebling-a-long ~ Ravelry Project Page: P♥M Wonderful - the Niebling-a-long
 

I'm through round 78, which puts me at 19,956 sts out of 101,148 (or 19.729505279392572%) of the small size of the pattern - though I do plan on adding a knit-on lace border instead of the crochet cast off (because I'm insane like that AND my crochet is awful) so that will add a lot of stitches - I just don't know how many yet since that pattern is currently undecided. :)
 
Happy knitting everyone!
 

21 comments:

  1. it's a two-fer :)

    your Niebling is looking amazing ~ makes my fingers itch to get back to mine (I love how we both did the crazy %'s...we're a little on the twisted side!)

    and the Leaves of Grass is GREAT! thanks for letting me nicely urge you to say 'hi' to everyone (Will was putting you to shame so I just thought you might want to keep up with him at least!)

    great post!! Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know you probably haven't seen this movie since it's a small indie gay film, but there is a female character in "You Should Meet My Son" who is engaged to a guy who is gay - she says "Not only do I get to marry a wonderful guy like Brian, but I also get to save a soul for our Lord Jesus Christ! He's a two-fer!" Cracks me up every time!

      Delete
    2. haven't seen it ~ great line, though!

      I giggled ;)

      Delete
  2. Whew, what a lot of work! I'm not sure that I would be able to maintain the momentum needed to do a pattern like this, but I'm sure that champagne at the start (and hopefully the finish line) of the project probably helps. Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a yummy idea, pumpkin!

      are you on board, Jeff? the only time I splurge for Veuve Clicquot is during the holidays...I love having an excuse for an extra bottle later on :))

      then we'll both have started the new year kal and finished it with our favorite bubbly! (I think Lori might want to join us, too!)

      Delete
  3. hi jeff! your knitting is stunning, i love your choice of yarns and champagne (my favorite)! happy new year and happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful... Makes me think I should restart mine and use smaller needles :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah...this is beautiful Will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andi ~ this is Jeff's lovely work...Will was so excited to start, his first post was done just before the new year so you all missed meeting him (he hasn't posted a work in progress picture yet!)

      if you want to see his very first kal post and his yummy yarn here's the link:
      http://www.calendarscarfkal20092010.blogspot.com/2012/12/allow-me-to-introduce-myself.html

      Delete
    2. it's ok, Andi, i answer to Will as well. :)

      Delete
    3. LOL! Sorry Jeff! I was still thinking of Will, when I was commenting on your beauty. hehe. I am now just thinking of you Jeff. ;)

      Delete
    4. I called Morgen the wrong name in an earlier post, still feel a little silly about it...

      Delete
    5. That I do! Kevin and Jack are a couple of other common ones I've been known to answer to. :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks, everyone! I'm still making my way through Chart C, but am anxious to see everyone else's progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you and me both ~ maybe I'll get to D by the end of the weekend?

      Delete
    2. I'm in the same boat...halfway through the fourth repeat.

      Delete
  7. Finished chart C! Woot! Now, time for bed. Night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good for you ~ one more repeat for me and then moving on ;)

      Delete
  8. Ah! I just started the fifth repeat. I'm being left in the dust!

    ReplyDelete