04 January 2013

oh technology, how I love you ~ posted by Melissa


Posted by PicasaYou guys, I have spent the entire day on the computer trying to figure out why I am no longer able to upload photos directly from my hard drive when I have always been able to in the past.  So frustrating (if you sense sarcasm in my blog title, you're right!).  Thanks to Andi (I scratched your back yesterday and today you scratched mine!) for giving me a link for Picasa and I'm back in business.  And, look what I did ~ a photo collage!  How cool is that (I'm easily impressed!).

I'll probably go back to using my old method of loading pics if and when the blogger issue is fixed but for now, I'll have fun playing with Picasa.  I hope to get a really good photo software program to goof around with soon, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Now back to the kal ~ my collage (!!) is my Leaves of Grass completed through the first repeat of Chart C...and that's after frogging Chart B because I couldn't follow directions.  Be kind to yourselves, ladies and gentlemen, slide that stitch marker at the end of the specified rows instead of at the beginning!  Things look so much prettier when you do it the way Jared says :)

I hope you all have an easier time with posting than I have had ~ bad timing for blogger issues with so many new friends joining us this time around (I think there are 13 14 of us now!).  My fingers are crossed for you all!  ~ Melissa

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Kelly ~ I owe you big time. Sorry I took so much of your time today but I really appreciate you troubleshooting with me :)

      you're the best!
      Melissa

      Delete
  2. Ha! It was nothing, and I'm always happy to help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you only knew ~ today has been a lesson in futility :)

      even when I got picasa downloaded...my first post I finished, but accidentally deleted all the text, my second attempt just before I hit save I lost my collage and my third attempt my laptop battery died just before I saved my post (I should have plugged it in at some point today ~ that will teach me!)

      Delete
    2. and to all you kal'ers that are reading my computer nightmares today, don't you feel so secure in my running a BIGGER THAN NORMAL blog kal for the first time ever

      be afraid, be very afraid :)

      Delete
  3. Yeah you! I am with you there seems to be nothing more frustrating then computor issues. It always leaves me feeling helpless. Bonus that you created that great collage with Picasa. Indeed you helped me out big time yesterday and today.
    Happy knitting, your shawl looks gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Andi ~ I'm shutting off the computer for the night (hoorah!) :)

      Delete
  4. glad to see you got around the blogger issue, the collage looks great! your shawl looks beautiful. yes, ahem, that sliding marker...i forgot it was at end and as soon as i was near the rows end i unknit all the way back, thinking i'd missed it, only to get up and get the directions and found out it was in fact at the end after all. good tip to follow directions (or read them). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. thanks, Kel ~ hoping to see how yours is knitting up before you finish it this time :)

      thanks for the family counseling today ~ what do I owe you?

      Delete
  6. Oh blogger. Just as soon as Blogger starts being nice to me I have problems. Hopefully your photo uploading will magically fix itself. Blogger has a way of doing that. I can't wait to get my project on my needles. The yarn is in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope to post a picture soon, damn work gets in the way.

    Sunday is the Seahawks don't know if I can knit then, and Downtown Abbey starts that night, don't know if I can knit then.

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this comment doesn't sound like you at all! what do you mean 'don't know if I can knit?' ~ goofball :)

      Delete
  8. my photo button for blogger is above the box, not on the left side. Lovely lace knitting you got there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the button that's missing, Karen :( ~ I haven't looked today to see if it's miraculously back (I kind of don't want to know right now ~ I don't want to be tied to the computer all day again!)

      I keep waiting for you to say you're wanting to knit with us :))

      Delete
  9. LOL! Glad to hear I was not the only one who struggled to blog yesterday!! I lost any type order I had in mind for my photos! LOL! Oh, the temptation... {sigh}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanna ~ I usually walk away for awhile when the computer is frustrating me but with all the new kal'ers I was so worried that everyone was going to have problems and not want to knit because the blogging part wasn't working right I felt like I needed to figure it out

      temptation, eh? still thinking :P .... ponder, ponder and ponder some more!

      Delete
  10. Wow, With a full day of computer struggles you managed to get some beautiful knitting done. Love it! What are we going to do when we have to work?! I'll probably be biting my nails because all I can think of is knitting, knitting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. work, what's that? ~ this 2 week vacation thing could grow on me! Greg called me in a panic Tuesday night because he thought we were starting work on Wed ~ it was hysterical! you should have heard him giggling when I told him he should pay more attention! what a goof :)

      Delete