02 January 2013

our growing circle ~ by Melissa

...adding rows and friends as we go...


I'm done with Chart A, about to switch to larger needles and also getting more knitalongers added every day!  Our group is growing and getting more fun with each passing hour...
As of this morning, our group includes : myself (Melissa), Kelli, Jeff, Will, Morgen, Lori, Annie (an old friend that you haven't met yet!), Kelly 'with a -y', and our newest addition Andi (who you'll be meeting soon!).  [the links will take you to their Ravelry pages so make sure you're logged in if you want to peek!]

I'll keep adding members here so we're all in one place : Annette (my coworker), Andee (now we have an Andee and an Andi, as well as a Kelli and a Kelly!), Tracey, Eileen, Heather, Andee's sister Leanne
I think we may even end up with a few more late additions (the more the merrier) so stay tuned!  I love that we're all knitting in the New Year together with Jared again ... he should be an honorary member of our group since we always seem to be creating something he's designed!
WELCOME to the kal newbies and we're so glad you're joining us :)
Melissa

15 comments:

  1. Oh, Melissa... that is so beautiful already!! I look forward to seeing more! blessings and best wishes for 2013 ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you, Tanna! Kelly Lightbeam thought you had joined the kal and was very excited! funny :)

      Delete
  2. Oop! I was excited, hahaha. I just finished Chart A this afternoon. Go Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly ~ I'm working on Tanna (read 'gentle arm twisting)
      we shall see :)
      Mel

      Delete
  3. I need to write a post!!! Hopefully I will be on a computer tomorrow :-). I am somewhere in Chart B; I'm lazy and started with size 6s... I cannot ever follow directions!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to follow directions but sometimes things just go HAYWIRE!! I'm doing chart B and got to end of first repeat and something was awry...I was slipping the first st at BEG of round instead of end of round so now I'm ripping back rows and rows...aaargh

      I'm not sure I slipped sts correctly for chart A but I swear everything looks symmetrical so I think I'm going to leave as is rather than rip back to the beginning even if it isn't right (and I'm not sure if it is or not!?!?!)

      Delete
    2. Oh no! If it look symmetrical, it's probably right ;)

      Delete
    3. that's what I think, too ~ and I've looked at it REALLY long and hard

      I just can't figure out why I decided to start moving them at the wrong time on the next chart (could be all the blog setting up and laundry and breaking down Christmas that I'm trying to do at the same time!)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. you should have seen the mess I just ripped out ~ a complete chart B ripped all the way back to row 6...it really does make a difference WHEN you slip the silly stitch!

      and the Isager is a JOY to frog...those tiny sticky wool fingers don't want to let go :P ~ that will teach me to be more careful!

      Delete
  5. And I'm so calling the 'follow direction' police.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have them on 'call blocking' on your phone or they'd be tracking you down all the time :)
      so there... :P

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the warm welcome. I will be checking in to say very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. whenever you're ready, Andi! no rush

    did you get your invite?

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh so exciting! hi andi and andee! tracey and eileen and heather! so glad you've joined in, i'm so looking forward to knitting with everyone!

    ReplyDelete